Fitness exercises at home should be inckuded in your daily routine…
During these unprecedented times, the importance of staying fit and healthy has only increased. Many of us are now working from home or staying home to avoid crowding in public places. While it may be tempting to sit on the couch all day and binge-watch your favorite shows, it is important to incorporate fitness exercises into your daily routine. Working out helps to reduce stress, improve immunity, and increase overall wellness.
If you’re new to the world of fitness, (*) don’t worry! You don’t need fancy gym equipment or a personal trainer to get started. There are plenty of effective fitness exercises that you can do at home with little to no equipment. Here are some simple exercises that you can try out:
Simple Fitness exercises to do at home
- Bodyweight squats: Stand with your feet hip-width apart and lower your body as if you’re sitting in a chair. Keep your back straight and your arms either crossed over your chest or extended in front of you. Push through your heels to stand back up. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
- Push-ups: Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart. Lower your body until your chest touches the ground or is just a few inches above it. Push back up to plank position. Do 10-15 reps.
- Plank: Get into a push-up position, but instead of lowering yourself to the ground, hold your body in a straight line from head to heels. Hold for 30-60 seconds. Repeat 2-3 times.
- Jumping jacks: Start with your feet together and arms at your sides. Jump your feet out to shoulder-width apart while raising your arms overhead. Quickly jump back to the starting position. Repeat for 30-60 seconds.
- Lunges: Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Take a big step forward with your right foot and lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground. Your back knee should be hovering just above the floor. Push back up to the starting position and repeat with your left leg. Do 10-15 reps on each side.
Listen to your body
These exercises are perfect for beginners and can be modified to suit your fitness level. You can also mix and match them to create an exercise routine that works best for you. Remember to take breaks and listen to your body. If any exercise feels uncomfortable or painful, stop immediately.
In addition to these exercises, you can also incorporate cardio exercises like running, jumping rope, or cycling to increase your heart rate and burn more calories. You can also try yoga or Pilates for a low-impact workout that focuses on stretching and strength training.
While working out at home (*) may not be as exciting as going to the gym, it is a great way to stay healthy and active during these trying times. With a little bit of commitment and dedication, you can achieve your fitness goals without leaving the comfort of your own home.